Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Auckland Museum


This week the Yearr 7’s had a trip to the Auckland Museum. The Year 7’s had their trip on the same day as the Yr 8 camp. We had to be put into groups of 7, and we also needed to have enough parents to go to the trip.

Students were put into groups so it would be easier to look after us. To start off our tour around the museum we had our morning tea before we went around the museum. Our leader has gave us a worksheet so that we could draw some patterns of artwork from the Maori and Pacific galleries.

All groups have been given a task to draw patterns. My group started off with the Maori patterns. I was so surprised when I saw a waka at the museum. That waka was one of the biggest waka I have ever seen in my life.

My experience at the Museum was really cool and kinda boring, but it was worth going. It was really cool seeing the waka and all the amazing art.  

My favourite part of the Museum was going into the volcano as it was really fun. We were waiting for quite a while after we went inside we watched this video about a volcano eruption suddenly the room started to shake and an volcano just erupted out of no where.

At the end of the day we got to do something like a amazing race. We had to go around the domain and take photos of the list we have been given.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment